Council Minutes

WEYBREAD PARISH COUNCIL 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 20 July 2021 in the village hall 

Attendees 

From the Council             Mr G Gibbs (Chair) 

Mrs S Hardy (Vice Chair) 

Mrs R Cranney 

Mr C Jordan 

Mr M Nott 

Mrs A Pickess 

Mr P Gould (SCC) 

Mrs L Hadingham (MSDC) 

Alistair Besly [Clerk] 

From the Public

Apologies     Mr G Tibbenham, Mrs S Middleton,

    Mrs J Blair, Mrs S Mittuch (Tree Warden) 

Declaration of  Interest 

Mrs A Pickess non pecuniary interest in item 19 as her house suffered flooding

Mr M Nott non pecuniary interest in item 6 as treasurer for Weybread PCC

Minutes

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting on 4 May 2021 were approved and signed 

Notes and Actions 

Agenda  ItemDescription Actions and Agreements Owner Complete  by date
1County Councillors Report: Circulated. Mr Gould highlighted the following: Mr Gould
His priority to deal with Highways and Drainage 1. Get a common view of the issues 2. Address issues some progress has been made on the drainage issues and he is awaiting a report on  One Eyed Lane potholes Concern over HGVs. Note SCC are reviewing HGV routes
AP1 – 7/21 Clerk to compile a report of all drainage issues in Weybread to forward  to Mr Gould. All Councillors to pass information to the Clerk to compileClerk All
2District Councillors Report: Circulated. There were no questions Mrs Hadingham
3Chair’s Report:  Road Closures: Signage is unhelpful as it indicates there is no access to Weybread.  Some road closure signage is set up in dangerous places around blind bends. Mr Gould  will raise these issues with Highways Friars Meadow: Complaints of vehicle noise inside a garage in Friars Meadow with those responsible responding to complaints with abuse Crown Chicken Site: is now off the market and Cranswick are considering alternative  uses including industrial use
AP2 – 7/21 Chair to provide Mrs Hadingham with the details of the address and  those responsibleChair ASAP
4 Clerks Report: Circulated
AP3 – 7/21 Clerk to provide options to resolve the PAYE issue for the next financial  yearClerk ASAP
5Finance Report: Circulated Clerk
Payment Request – The Parochial Church Council have requested a grant towards the  upkeep of the churchyard. The Clerk advised that under S6(1) (a) of the Local Government act 1894 this payment  was not lawful. The Council recognised this advice however, as the Churchyard is a village amenity,  voted to make a payment of £500 to Weybread PCC for its upkeep. All agreed Mr Nott confirmed that these funds will be ring-fenced by the PCC for Churchyard  maintenance onlyMr Gibbs
Payment Schedule in the Finance report including the PCC payment totals £1,254.30  was approved. All agreedClerk
8Consider the Clerk’s request for CiLCA training outlined in the Clerk’s report. It was proposed that Weybread PC pay 1/3 of the total £910 cost of this training. All agreed
Policing Report:  Criminal Damage at the Crown Chicken site was the only report in Weybread Click before you Call campaign to encourage people to report non urgent issues on line ASB Awareness week to address issues which are increasing Crime Stoppers: reported use of students as money mules for money laundering Policing meeting on 2 August, Clerk was asked to attend and ask about the use of  ANPR for VAS sitesMrs Hardy
10Tree Wardens Report: Circulated Sally Mittuch
11 Audit Report: Review and PC Responses VAT Reclaim – No: VAT was reclaimed for the first time but it was not paid until April Data Protection – No: This was noticed on preparation of the audit file and has been  rectified Transparency publication: Rectified, all required documents are now on the website P60 not in Audit file: Noted and rectified Council not a sole trustee: The Council is in fact the sole trustee of Weybread  Recreational Charity. Clerk to investigate the requirements for annual returnsClerk
12Planning DC/21/03090 Pear Tree Farm has Prior Approval Clerk
13Notice Board for Upper Weybread: It was proposed that a recycled plastic notice board  costing c£700 should be purchased once a suitable location was found. Mrs Hadingham  offered £400 from her locality budget to support this. All Agreed. There was some  discussion about location with no resolution. Planning permission is expected to be required Highway conditions will need to be met depending on the chosen location
AP4 – 7/21 Clerk to investigate Highways conditions Clerk Next Meeting
14Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: It was proposed that celebrations for this and the Festival of  Suffolk should be amalgamated for 2022. All Agreed. It was proposed that a tree be planted with a plaque to commemorate the Jubilee. An  Oak was the preferred choice located behind the village sign. The land owner will need to  be approached for permission and Sally Mittuch will be asked if she has a suitable  specimen, which the Chair offered to do. All Agreed There was a discussion regarding an event. Mr Gibbs will enquire about a hog roast. It was agreed that all Councillors should come to the September meeting with practical  ideas for an event
AP5 – 7/21 Mr Gibbs to enquire about: Hog Roast Tree Location with Land Owner Tree Specimen with Sally MittuchMr Gibbs Next Meeting
AP6 – 7/21 Councillors to prepare practical ideas for an event for discussion at the  next meetingClerk Next Meeting
15 Festival of Suffolk: See Jubilee activities All
16Quiet Lanes: As this initiative has now used it’s allocated funds it was proposed that  Weybread register a request with SCC for any future initiatives. All Agreed Mr Nott and Mrs Hardy agreed to work on this.
AP7 – 7/21 Prepare a recommendation for the full Council to review at the next  meetingMr Nott &  Mrs HardyNext Meeting
17Footpaths: It was noted that FP13 bridge has been replaced with a more flood resistant  structure 
18 Speedwatch: An advert for volunteers in Six Sense has generated no response. The clerk will raise the question of ANPR enabled speed signs at the Police on line  locality meeting on 2 August Mrs Pickess
19 Weybread Drainage issues: have been dealt with in the SCC report agenda item 1 and  AP1Mrs Pickess
20Next Meeting: Tuesday 21 September 2021

These minutes are confirmed as an accurate record of proceedings of the meeting held in the village hall on Tuesday 20th July 2021 Signed (Chair) __________________________ Dated ___________________________ 

Record of Telephone Conference : Wednesday 13 May 2020 1500 – 1545

REVISED LAYOUT RECEIVED WEDNESDAY 13 MAY 2020

Good Morning All, 

With regard to the meeting scheduled to commence at 15:00 today, please see the attached revised masterplan provided by Mark Bassett.

As described by Mr Bassett, the changes are as follows:

1 Main access road moved to the north of the village green rather than south – we have shown a single dwelling to the north of the village green which can act as a visual focal point. Increasing the density further here may be challenging because of the vegetation to the immediate north but is something that could be grappled with at reserved matters stage. Please note the scheme remains at a maximum of 80 dwellings. 

2 LEAP play area moved from north of village green to be within village green. We have shown an indicative position of this and noted final location to be agreed at reserved matters stage. 

3 We have also added an orange dashed line to show the pedestrian footpaths and the links to the outer footpath to the green space. 
4 On the eastern boundary we show a footpath connection but the plan annotates that to connect to the  existing network third party land will be required. 

5 We have also hatched up and added a note in respect of the footpath along The Street

Kind Regards, 

Niall Mckay

—————————————————————————————————————

Annotated amendments to plan as follows. 

Text top of plan

Hatched area indicates new footpath along the street to connect to existing footpath.

See bottom right hand corner. 

D.     04052020 Main road connection moved north of Village Green

Pedestrian footpath links to open space indicated with orange dashed line.

C     31032020 Layout to the West of the entrance road re-designed to open up front of site to new central public open space. Note to employment units updated.

B     21022020 Note to employment units updated.

A     21022020 Road access point from the street updated to reflect … connect 

consultants’ drawings. Visibilty splay updated and red application updated to suit ??? 

Note regarding Playground

Indicative LEAP play area in centre of village green.

Eastern Footpath Connection

Pedestrian footpath link provided to boundary of site but third party land required to make connection to existing public right of way network. 

Employment Land 

10,000 ft 2 of employment uints Use Class B1 only. 

 

Crown Farm Outline Planning Permission. Reference DC / 17 / 06326

Record of Telephone Conference : Wednesday 13 May 2020 1500 – 1545

Participants:    Vincent Pearce Senior Planner MSDC

                        Cllr. Lavinina Hadingham Chair MSDC

                       Graham Gibbs Chair Weybread PC

                       Mike Nott Weybread PC

( As Chair of the District Council, and Member of the Planning Committee, Cllr. Hadingham was a participant observing)

 

Purpose:

 1.To discuss the revised layout provided by Mark Bassett for Cranswick

2. To discuss the outstanding conditions set by Weybread Parish Council

In order of discussion 

Revised Layout 
The revised layout had been previously circulated and the main changes noted by Mr.Basset on his submission to MSDC were as follows: 

Main access road moved to the north of the village green rather than south – we have shown a single dwelling to the north of the village green which can act as a visual focal point. Increasing the density further here may be challenging because of the vegetation to the immediate north but is something that could be grappled with at reserved matters stage. Please note the scheme remains at a maximum of 80 dwellings. 
LEAP play area moved from north of village green to be within village green. We have shown an indicative position of this and noted final location to be agreed at reserved matters stage. 
We have also added an orange dashed line to show the pedestrian footpaths and the links to the outer footpath to the green space. 
On the eastern boundary we show a footpath connection but the plan annotates that to connect to the  existing network third party land will be required. 
We have also hatched up and added a note in respect of the footpath along The Street

Discussion without prejudice by all parties. 

This layout accommodates many of the issues outlined in the Parish Council’s conditions viz. A) the reconfigured main roadways into the development; B) no vehicular access to the South of the village green; C) relocated LEAP play area; D) stronger and demonstrable focus for a connected footpath/cycleway including a full perimeter footpath.

We agreed that the revised layout was a significant improvement on the preceding one and that it met the concerns of the P.C. 

Commercial Units

In his report, VP would be recommending that the four units on the eastern side should be reduced by two. This would be achieved by relocating one to the green space, immediately to the North other to join the four opposite. 

Although low rise, this would lessen the impact further for properties adjacent. 

Grant of £ 100k to support the development of a Community Centre 

The Parish Council emphasised strongly that this was a very important condition for Weybread. 

A new Community Centre would both provide the infrastructure to bring the old and new communities together and to provide a heart to a very linear settlement. 

GG explained that this was not a figure ‘plucked from the air’ but a figure that could be added to £ 50k (existing) and £ 100k plus (from current village hall) that could then be match-funded by grants to reach a sum which might realistically provide the building funds. 

VP explained the issue accessing CIL money from this development when existing employment land square footage might be offset by the developer against potential new CIL money from the site.

VP suggested that PC might also apply separately to the District-wide CIL pot for this infrastructure.  

Taking into account the overall importance of this provision to Weybread, and although it will not be his decision, he was prepared to consider including, as one of his recommendations, that the affordable housing grant of £ 240k for this site be reduced by £ 100k to pump prime the initiative.   

If the money was forthcoming, there would be five years to complete the project or the funds would have to be returned. The five years would start from a trigger point to be agreed ( for example, the completion of forty houses.) 

Given the proposed prominent site, VP would be expecting a high quality design. 

In summary, VP thought the development, as a whole, was an exemplary one for a development of this size within a rural community. 

Other Issues 

On the matter of drainage, VP reassured the meeting that the Flood & Water Authorities would not allow completion without any issues being rectified. Outflows would be controlled and attenuated if necessary. 

Next Steps
VP to write his report and submit to the Chief Planning Officer MSDC, Phil Isbell,  who will determine the progression of this application. 

VP will extract his recommendations from the report and forward these to the PC.  

 

Weybread Parish Council

Conditions set on approval of Outline Planning Application – DC/17/06326

 

That the road, serving the maximum of 80 houses, is divided in two and reconfigured to ensure the West side of the development is served by a road running separately across the northern end of the development and that meets with the current proposed road layout close to its junction with the B1116.

 

That the village green has no vehicular access at the southern end, establishing a true green corridor with the public open space shown.

 

That the LEAP play area is relocated on the development to a site with greater surveillance, for example to the South of the Village Green.

 

The Public Open Space to the south of the development is gifted to the Parish Council with vehicular and pedestrian right of way set as a condition.

 

A future principle that a community centre and car park could be built on the Public Open Space to the south of the development.

 

That we receive a payment of £100,000 towards the building costs of a Community Centre to fully integrate this new development into the existing village.

 

A pavement is provided along the B1116.

 

That there is a stronger and demonstrable focus for a connected footpath / cycleway plan within the development, including a full circular perimeter footpath and that its connection to existing and meaningful PROWs and footpaths is also shown to encourage cohesion with the existing village settlement.

 

Confirmation that the commercial units are B1 only.

 

 The Parish Council has representation on the Management Company’s Local Board.

 Surface drainage route to be corrected.

 The affordable housing is built in Weybread if the need is identified.

 

 The developer to provide an Urban Gym Trail to support village inclusion

 

 The developer to provide 8 recycled plastic benches, 4 picnic benches and a dog bin to be located around the site to aid the encouragement of community interaction.